Kevin Haroff, Vice Mayor
Kevin Haroff has been a member of the Larkspur City Council since 2013 and has served one term as the City’s Mayor. He currently is serving as the City’s Vice-Mayor. Before joining the City Council, he served as a member of the Larkspur Planning Commission. Kevin has lived in Marin County since 1986 and in Larkspur’s Greenbrae community since 2002.
Kevin is an attorney and received his law degree from Cornell Law School in Ithaca, New York. He received his undergraduate degree from Cornell’s College of Arts & Sciences, with a joint major in philosophy and psychology, and he has a master’s degree in business administration from Cornell’s Graduate School of Management. Most recently, Kevin completed coursework on mediating complex multi-party disputes at Harvard Law School’s internationally known Program on Negotiation.
Kevin is a nationally recognized environmental and land use lawyer. He has been an equity partner at some of the most prominent international law firms, including Morrison & Foerster LLP and Squire Patton Boggs. He currently serves as the San Francisco Managing Partner for Marten Law LLP, one of the nation’s preeminent specialty environmental litigation firms. He has written law review and other professional articles on a range of environmental law topics (many focused on climate change).
Kevin is strongly committed to advocating on behalf of the public on environmental, renewable energy, homelessness, and other policy issues. He is Larkspur’s representative on the board of directors for MCE Clean Energy, California’s first community aggregation electricity provider. Kevin recently was appointed to serve on the Marin County Council of Mayors and Councilmembers (MMCMC) ad hoc committee to address the challenge of homelessness in our community.
Kevin is dedicated to preserving and enhancing the character of our community and providing the quality of leadership the City of Larkspur and our County deserve.
Council Committee Appointments
- Central Marin Fire Authority - Representative
- Central Marin Police Authority - Representative
- Chamber of Commerce - Representative
- General Plan Update Steering Committee - Representative
- Larkspur Library/Community Center Task Force - Representative
- Mobilehome Park Ad-Hoc Committee - Representative
- Planning Commission Liaison - Representative
- Community Development Block Grant Priority Setting Committee – Alternate
- Marin County BayWave Committee - Representative
- MCCMC Ad-Hoc Committee on Climate Change - Representative
- MCCMC Homelessness Committee - Representative
- MCCMC Legislative Committee - Alternate
- Ross Valley Sanitary District - Representative
- Transportation Authority of Marin - Alternate
- Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) – Representative
- Marin Clean Energy – Representative