Catherine Way, Vice Mayor
Catherine and her family have called Larkspur their home since 2005. They moved here for the same reasons that a lot of families do: the quality of life, charming neighborhoods, abundant outdoor activities, and outstanding public schools.
Catherine’s belief that a strong community is built through active citizenship and service led her to get involved in her new city by volunteering with the Larkspur’s Centennial Committee and participating on a citizen focused disaster preparedness committee. She has spent years volunteering for organizations that she cared about and the schools in which her children attended. Her community involvement has varied from the Marin County Search and Rescue team; the Redwood High School Foundation; and several non-profit Boards.
Catherine joined the Larkspur City Council in 2013 and was re-elected in 2017. Currently serving as Mayor, she is intent on addressing the concerns of all residents and businesses, with a special focus on public safety, efficient service delivery, and quality of life issues in the diverse neighborhoods of Larkspur and Greenbrae.
In her professional life, Catherine holds a B.S. degree in Nursing from the University of San Francisco; a Master’s Degree in Nursing from U.C.S.F. with a specialty in Nursing Administration; and a law degree from Santa Clara University. Catherine worked as a clinical nurse at U.C.S.F. on the General Surgery and Liver Transplant Service. During law school, several personal changes and the birth of her two daughters, influenced her to finish her law degree but delay the full-time practice of law. Since 2012, she has been the managing partner of her own consulting business which focuses on surgical-legal issues. This experience reinforces her unwavering commitment to public safety, and to ensuring that our first responders have the resources necessary to keep us all safe.
Catherine was born in Santa Cruz and fondly remembers growing up in what was then a small town similar in character to Larkspur. Catherine’s love of adventure travel has taken their family to the far reaches of the earth to camp, hike, kayak, photograph, and explore the natural world.
Council Committee Appointments
- Central Marin Police Authority - Representative
- Central Marin Fire Authority - Representative
- General Plan Update Steering Committee - Representative
- Larkspur Community Foundation Liaison - Representative
- Larkspur Library/Community Center Task Force - Representative
- Management Standards Committee - Representative
- Parks and Recreation Commission - Alternate
- Twin Cities Disaster Preparedness Committee - Alternate
- Community Development Block Grant Priority Setting Committee - Representative
- MCCMC Legislative Committee - Representative
- MCCMC Disaster Preparedness Ad-Hoc Committee - Representative