Business License Information
Opening a Business in Larkspur
To Apply For Business License
https://secure.bizlicenseonline.com/default_rds.aspx (you will be required to create an account)
Or by mail:
373 E. Shaw Avenue, Box 367
Fresno, CA 93710
(the address is also noted on the business license form)
All business license questions can be directed to Avenu at (866) 240-3665 or via email at email@example.com
Business License Fees
View the complete list of Larkspur Business License Fees.
To obtain a Business License, complete the appropriate Business license Application for your type of business and submit with a check payable to the City of Larkspur for the license tax.
All contractors and subcontractors working in Larkspur and incorporated parts of Greenbrae must have a current Business License with the City of Larkspur. A Business License is not required prior to submitting an application for a building permit but will be required prior to permit issuance. We recommend applying for the contractor business license on the eTrakit page where building permit applications are submitted (under "LICENSE" "Apply for New Licenses").
Business License Forms and Applications
New applicants and renewals use the same website to apply.
- Misc. Retail – Class 101 includes most retail, restaurants and other businesses, callings, trades and occupations operating on a gross profit of more than 30 percent.
- Misc. Services – Class 102 includes most miscellaneous services, locally based contractors and other businesses, callings, trades and occupations operating on a gross profit of 17 to 30 percent.
- Delivery or Service by Vehicle – Class 103 includes tree services and anyone who delivers products, food, or merchandise of any kind by vehicle or who provides any service by the use of vehicles.
- Rental Units – Class 104 includes apartments, boarding and rooming houses, in-law units, hotels, motels, inns, bed-and-breakfasts, and other rental units.
- Real Estate – Class 105 includes sales agents and brokers.
- Professional Services – Class 106 includes law, medicine, finance, engineering, architecture, teaching (arts and sciences), and other service professionals.
- Alarm Companies and Security Services – Class 113
- Certified Massage Therapy Establishment or Individual Operator Permit Application
- Change to Massage Therapy Establishment Permit- Used for change of Staffing
- Filming and Photography
The City of Larkspur reserves the right to determine the appropriate Business License classification based on the Larkspur Municipal Code. For assistance with all Business License questions, including selecting and completing an application, please call (866) 240-3665.
Stormwater Pollution Prevention
Businesses can contribute to storm drain pollution mainly through improper use of cleanup practices that allow wastes such as food particles, oil and grease, paint, pesticides and/or cleaning products to flow into the street, storm gutter, or storm drain.
For important information on how to prevent such pollution, please see Stormwater Info.